March 4, 2010

An 'I don't know why' hiatus took place.

Sometimes I start things that I think have merit and then over time start to wonder if I'm the only one that thinks what I'm saying is important and I stop. For the past few weeks I've been collecting recipes and spicing things up, then taking picture of all my creations, and I keep telling myself I'll post soon. I really will. But then I don't because I think I'm just posting for me and I'd really rather watch a movie or take a shower or make shortcake.

But today changed that.

This afternoon started off with a friend who had read my blog thanking me for introducing her to tofu. I consider this a serious win because this friend eats meat and to get a meat eater to like tofu can be challenging. I was so happy that she discovered something new and my resolve to start posting more became stronger.
About an hour later I received an email from an old high school comrade who I don't really talk with but am aware of via social networking sites. She said she felt I was a "health guru" and could help her with some information regarding type 1 diabetes. I was bewildered at her request for information, but my resolve to post grew more.
And last but not least, as I was just sitting her thinking about what to post first, another friend I haven't seen in eight or nine years says that he wants to make his wife tofu because she isn't into healthy food and he was sure I had a way to make this pleasant for her.

What gives world?!

This onslaught of attention regarding healthy eating practices is forcing me to see myself in a way that I have never thought of myself before; in a way that I've always wanted to see myself.

People are listening and paying attention and that's all I need to keep going. To rise to these challenges, if you have a specific recipe you want to see me make or something you need step by step instructions for email me and let me know. I'll dedicate a post to you and eat in your honor.

You can look for my next post tomorrow and until then, bon apetite!

Kristina

2 comments:

  1. Kristina~
    Just read all of your blogs... Glad you've decided to continue. I actually think I will attempt the 'cake batter shake'.... I haven't entered the world of tofu... it scares me=) but I may get there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tofu is scary, but most scary things are worth it in the end. Start small, by using silken tofu in smoothies or pies. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete