January 19, 2010

Cake Batter Shake - Please send fan mail to KristinaLakey@gmail.com




I might be a little cocky with this one, but if you believe everyone was put on this earth for a reason then my reason may be to bring you this recipe. Light in calories, decadent and so rich that you'll feel naughty. Here is what you need:



2 cups vanilla almond milk
2 big tbs creamy peanut butter
2 tbs cocoa powder
2 large bananas




I really suggest you use vanilla almond milk because the vanilla lends itself to a cake batter flavor. The bananas will thicken up the shake and if they are frozen first they're even better.





Put all the ingredients in the blender and blend on low for a minute or so. You'll have some free time on your hands so you might want to think about licking the peanut butter spoon.

Let's face it. I love cheap, easy delicious things. Most of us aren't gourmet chefs and we have lots to do. When I get out of class I want to go home and drink cake batter. It's okay, you can admit it. We're all friends here.
My blog is really about efficient meals that are cruelty free and yummy enough to make the carnivores swoon. Another thing my blog is about is saving dough. Here's how you do it with this recipe.


Almond Milk - It's amazing and often cheaper than soy milk by a dollar or so. I appreciate Blue Diamond and you can get a coupon here. Take it to Kroger. I LOVE Kroger! Why? Because they double coupons up to $1. That means that the .55 cent coupon is now $1.10 coupon and you can get your milk under $2. In addition, Almond Milk is calorie friendly. It's only 90 calories per cup. I'm also a calorie counter - watch out.

Peanut butter - Again, on sale at Kroger this week for $1. Go buy seven of them.

Cocoa Powder - You can get a large amount for around $2 and I bet you already have some anyway.

Bananas - When it comes to blending bananas, feel free to go with the brown ones. Stores usually sell them at .35 cents a pound because they want to get rid of them. And I say yes, I will buy your bananas and make delicious treats.

When I gave this to my husband as an after rehearsal treat he had one comment, "Oh wow - I feel like I could put this in a cake pan and bake it". I when I had my first sip I thought the same thing. Enjoy it friends.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment