January 20, 2010

Birthdays are for free things!




This is how I feel about free things. I want to bring a horde of friends to awesome deals and this little plan is a good'n.

I figured I'd spend an hour one day signing up for every free birthday offer imaginable, that way when my birthday hits in a month and a half I will be flooded with options. Many of these offers are good for a week or two or even the entire month so you can get lots of great freebies.

Downside? You have to sign up for newsletters. But don't turn on me yet! I've found a way to circumvent this.

Create an email you will never check except for your birthday and sign up using that account. The mail you don't care about will go there so forget about it, but one week before your birthday start checking it out to see the offers roll in. It's so worth it.

My favorites are Coldstone Creamery (they have a dairy free sorbet ) and Beni Hana. Why? Because Beni Hana gives you a $30 gift certificate to use at any point during your birthday month. I know! I can't believe it either.

Hey, it's free!

Some of them aren't so great if you're vegan but even free french fries are nice sometimes. I signed up for the Qdoba newsletter(free burrito on your birthday!) and they sent me a coupon for free chips and salsa. I wandered over for a delicious bag full of warm chips and a side of medium salsa. Yea, I'll take your stupid newsletter for that.

Please post about other great offers you know of and share the love.

Peace. Out.

Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment